Sharing God’s presence through friends
by Susan Schneider
The Body of Christ comes to us in the hands and hearts of our friends. How have you been an example of God’s presence for your friends? Read more
Faith reflections: Sharing our faith stories
by Tiffany C. Chaney
Jesus didn’t have flyers up in the local coffeeshop. People likely showed up because someone they knew shared their story about Jesus. How do you share your faith story?Read more
How to use Café with a group
Young women are sharing community, maybe dinner and discussing the faith-based topics that appear in every issue of Café. Each issue of Café features two articles with discussion questions and a closing prayer. You can download and print out the December 2017 issue, or follow along from the website if you have an Internet connection.
Learn more about starting a Café group . Once you have a group, you can register it here.
1. Before your meeting, select an issue of Cafe to discuss. Download the monthly PDF below. You can also print the PDF or visit the article on-line if the internet is available.
2. Have each participate introduce themselves. You can also start with an ice breaker. (For example, have each person share about the meaning of their name.)
3. Lead an opening prayer (optional):
Opening prayer for meeting as a Café group:
Good and gracious God, we are gathered here to meet and discuss topics that affect our daily lives and faith. Help us to experience this time set apart from other worries and other demands of our time so that we may engage in healthy conversation in a safe environment and that we may build a community of women of faith. We thank you, God, for bringing us together and ask you to bless our time together as we seek to do your ministry here on earth. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.
If you would like to pray for special intentions, feel free to add them at any segment.
4. Answer the discussion questions at the end of the articles.
5. Close the meeting with the closing prayer that is listed or add your own.