The grace of an unbalanced life
by Angela Denker
Maybe what modern women need most today is not balance at all, but rather permission to be occasionally unbalanced.
In the book of Romans, Paul compares us to clay and God to a potter. Perhaps this is where our successes and failures meet–in God’s hands.
How to use Café with a group
Young women are sharing community, maybe dinner and discussing the faith-based topics that appear in every issue of Café. Each issue of Café features two articles with discussion questions and a closing prayer. You can download and print out the January 2020 issue, or follow along from the website if you have an Internet connection.
Learn more about starting a Café group . Once you have a group, you can register it here.
1. Before your meeting, select an issue of Cafe to discuss. Download the monthly PDF. You can also download the January 2020 PDF or visit the article on-line if the internet is available.
2. Have each participate introduce themselves. You can also start with an ice breaker. (For example, have each person share about the meaning of their name.)
3. Lead an opening prayer (optional):
Opening prayer for meeting as a Café group:
Good and gracious God, we are gathered here to meet and discuss topics that affect our daily lives and faith. Help us to experience this time set apart from other worries and other demands of our time so that we may engage in healthy conversation in a safe environment and that we may build a community of women of faith. We thank you, God, for bringing us together and ask you to bless our time together as we seek to do your ministry here on earth. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.
If you would like to pray for special intentions, feel free to add them at any segment.
4. Answer the discussion questions at the end of the articles.
5. Close the meeting with the closing prayer that is listed or add your own.